Limestone Geo-park | Golden Waterfall

Bringing in the new year with the fireworks at Taipei 101 was truly amazing, but lighting these Lanterns at Shifeng was a great way to begin 2020. Me and my professor shared a lantern which has 4 sides. We both got to pick 2 different sides, which all had different colors. These colors can represent health, love, prosperity, happiness and so on. We chose the red, yellow, blue, and pink lantern which stood for "May everything go your way". The two colors I wrote my wish on were Pink and Yellow. Pink standing for happiness and well-being. Yellow standing for money and wealth. It was truly a sight to see all the different Lanterns that were being lit and released into the sky. I am hopeful for the year 2020 and what it has in store for me and my family. We also spent time at  Limestone Geopark which has breath taking views, and a golden waterfall. It was a very fun day. We finished the day seeing our first night market. It was a lot of fun, but definitely wore me out for the night. 






Golden Waterfall


This was our seafood lunch. I will say that it was definitely different than the seafood I usually eat back home, but I decided I would still make the effort and at least try the food. There was seaweed soup, clams, fried rice, sweet and sour fish, chicken, vegetables, and some tofu. It wasn't my favorite meal, but I will say I enjoyed the fried rice. It tastes a whole lot better than the fried rice at home. It also was super flavorful, and didn't need a whole bottle of soy sauce. 

This was at the Limestone Geopark.









This is supposed to be a dragons head, if you look at the stone carefully. 

This is supposed to be the Queens head, but it was kind of hard to take the picture. Too many people wanted to see it, so you have to stand in a line, then when its your turn they will take your picture with it, but I didn't want to see it that bad. 





This was at the night market. We had a friend we made while down here, and he showed us around since he's a local. He suggested I try this sausage. Now I did want to try it the entire time that I've been here, but was worried about the sausage tasting extremely different from what our sausages taste like at home. Our friend bought me this and it was really good. I couldn't figure out the flavor though. So I asked what meat it was, and turns out its boar meat. So now I can officially say I've eaten boar. 



Comments

  1. WOW AMAZING. IM ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE WITH YOU. I LOVE YOU HUNNI AND IM GLAD YOURE HAVING A GREAT TIME AND EXPERIENCING SO MANY DIFFERENT THING .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thin Layer Chromatography results

Taipei Zoo | Chocolate shakes